Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hallelujah!

"Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!" (Psalm 66:20)

Halleljuah! Praise be to God!
This verse explains the email I have just received. As many of you have read, these past months of support raising have been the most faith defying months of my relationship with God. There have been immense struggles but always beautiful victories. When the Lord put it on my heart to go to Australia this summer, I had no idea how I'd raise $5,000! Though the odds were not in my favor, I felt that He wanted me to be there.

So I went along with this journey. I knew He would challenge me, but I never knew it would feel like this. I knew He would grow me, but I never expected to learn the things that I did.

Through support letters, taking extra shifts at the coffee shop, working for my dad, babysitting, bake sales, and calls that I wanted to avoid, God has provided me with that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel.

With my goal still out of reach, I have been in constant prayer. I trusted God to get me to Australia, and He has. The last of my support money is coming from my family at Olive Branch Community Church.

Now, when I received this email, I wish someone was there to see the moment. Reading the words "provide you with the remaining funding of $800," my heart stopped. Could this really be it? Could my great and mighty God be providing the last of my support money now? I didn't believe it, I had to read the email 3 times. After coming out of the reality shock that I was in, I rejoiced! Oh boy did I rejoice! That's why this post is called Hallelujah! God be praised!

"You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
Lord my God, I will praise you forever."
(Psalm 30: 11-12)

Oh boy should God be praised because I am definitely not getting to Australia by my own strength. This whole process has been through Him gives me that strength! I am so in love with my God, but I wasn't just in love with him in this moment. Throughout this whole process, I was rejoicing through hardships as the wonderful apostle Paul always says.

I love this verse from Romans.

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (Rom 5:3-5)

I am so incredibly blessed with the support family that has now been created. God has taught me many things throughout this process, I can't wait to see what He will teach me in Australia! All I know is that after I reflected on this process, I wept of happiness. I literally got down on my knees and praised my Lord for providing for me, just like I knew He would. Oh Lord, I love you so much! Thank you thank you thank you!

Holy are you God! Holy is Your Name!
With everything I've got,
my heart will sing how I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment