Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pressing On

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body." (2 Corinthians 4:7-10)

This verse today in Bible Study encouraged me to keep pressing on towards my goal to go to Australia and to more broadly just continue evangelizing & reading the Word. Sometimes I may feel intimidated to share the Gospel, but a key point is that I am not alone and that I have the Almighty God on my side. These verses really depict the ups & downs of the Christian life. However, the key part of that is "up." Jesus never lets us stay down, rather he might have to break us down to remind of us of His glory and sovereignty. It's an encouraging thought to have - that no matter what, my Lord will help me, love me, and ulimately save me of eternal pain and suffering. So after this verse I am inspired! To keep pressing on to get into the Bible! To keep pressing on to spread the Gospel! To keep pressing on to Australia!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

This also was a great verse in Bible Study which was very influential! These verses solidfy the fact that this life is only temporary, but our life in Heaven will be eternal! It gives hope to a future that we can't even fully comprehend. Even though life might have it's struggles down here, it will all pay off when we reach that everlasting life with God. I am encouraged by this verse to fix my eyes on what is unseen, rather than seen. Again - Putting God at the center of my life and having everything fall into accordance with His will.

And yes, this did remind me of Relient K's song "Pressing On"
"I'm pressing on.
Pressing on, all my distress is going, going, gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment