Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Preparation Prayers!

Hello everyone!
I am writing this from my fellow co-leader's apartment in LA as we take a short time to be with the Lord & update our supporters on how our planning has been. Yesterday, today and tomorrow we are doing our major planning sessions and nailing down a lot of little details for our trip. I am so incredibly excited to go back but I can't help but feel overwhelmed sometimes with all the details we have to figure out. With me being the Operation Project Director my main focus is the finances, which primarily is support raising. This is definitely a stress producing task to take on but the Lord gives me strength each day to fulfill my duties. I am so blessed to be a child of God and to have a relationship with a Father who provides, guides, and fully satisfies all my needs.

You all have financially supported me and I can not describe how thankful I am for that. You all have taken steps of faith and followed the Lord's will in assisting me in my work for the kingdom. From the bottom of my heart I thank you all so much. During these final weeks of preparation, lots of prayer is needed. So another way I want to ask you to partner with me on this journey is through prayer. I am going to need some major prayer warriors before and during my trip. This blog will be a way that I can update you on specific needs for prayer. Prayer is such a powerful thing and it would truly bless our team if our trip was covered with blessings and petitions lifted to God.
Right now there are some things you can be praying for:
  • That our leadership team would be fully rooted in the Lord and that God would guide our every step according to His will. In every detail, whether major or minor, pray that it would be what the Lord wants and not what our human nature wants. Pray that you would instill within the leadership team a peace that calms all anger, nervousness, and anxiety. Pray that we would take our leadership seriously and know that we are God's workmanship and that we want to surrender everything to Him.
  • Pray for the few students that have not fully finished support raising. There are a few students on our team that have been immensely struggling with finishing their support. They can use all the prayer that they can get. (Also, if you would like to support them, please just let me know - any amount would help!) Pray for them to not give up, to lean fully upon the Lord and to take active steps in raising support.
  • Pray for all of our team as the nerves and lies from Satan start to filter into our thoughts. As the project date gets closer, Satan tends to fill our minds with insecurity, fear, and anxiety. Pray that our team would know that the Lord we serve has power over Satan and that the Lord instills within us courage, peace, and security. We have a powerful God and pray that we don't forget that as the departing date comes closer.
There are many more prayer requests but those are the three most crucial in this time. I appreciate your active support in my missions trip and I am truly thankful to have supporters along my side to help and encourage me.

I leave for briefing on July 9th and I leave for Australia on July 13th. The day is getting closer to when I arrive back in that Aussieland and I can't wait! Ah, I love my God, He is so great and wonderful in giving me this opportunity. Thank you again (:

Cheers!

1 comment: