Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Only 2 more weeks left!

This past weekend my team was able to travel to a nearby beach town called Barwon Heads to have a mid-project retreat. As a leader, we don't get much free time during the week and the times that are free are mostly consumed with planning our next step or figuring out different situations. This past weekend of retreat was a time of relaxation both mentally, physically, and spiritually. I was able to, for the first time on this project, just relax in the Lord's presence. I loved spending quality time with the lovely ladies on my project and getting physically rejuvenated through sleeping in. I was mentally at peace because on Saturday, besides cooking dinner, the whole day was completely free. Then, spiritually I was able to have a great quiet time at the beach and rest in the Lord's presence and glorious nature. The beach was so beautiful and refreshing to my soul. Saturday night was filled with a family dinner, men and women time and prayer/worship. My favorite was worship at the end. I connect to the Lord the most through worship, so this time of worshipping with my project family was amazing. We were all singing as loud as we could to be praise to our Lord! My heart was overflowing with joy from the Lord at that moment. That moment will forever be with me :)

Now as we jump into the last two weeks of evangelism, major prayer is needed. Lots of our students are feeling burnt out, mentally and physically. Two and half weeks of evangelism 5 days a week can take a toll on your health, but please pray for our students to rely on the Lord for their strength! I am excited for these last two weeks, but also sad as well. I don't want to leave! I love doing ministry here and I am just really connecting with some Australian girls. I've been able to meet up with friends that I already had from Australia, and I don't want to leave them so soon! The Lord has renewed my spirit for evangelism and has given me this urge to keep going! I know the Lord has blessed me with this spirit so that I may encourage those on my team who get tired throughout the day. Pray for this spirit to stay within me and that I constantly run to the Lord for my dependency.

Ah! Time has flown by so fast. I can't believe I only have two weeks left in this country. I am going to run after the Lord so much in this last part! I am so thankful I am here and I want to make the best of every moment. I am falling back in love with the Lord and I can't wait till tomorrow so that I can share this great love with another Australian student :) Thank you again to all those who supported me to be here! I cannot thank you enough for how much YOU are helping my spiritual walk with the Lord and how much YOU are impacting the campuses in Australia. Thank you again!

Prayer Requests:
We need prayer for health and healing! Three of our boys are currently sick, all with different variations of a cold/flu. There are also a couple of girls that have started to feel the symptoms. Please prayer for healing for those that are sick and for good health for those who are not sick. Sickness is a very big way that the Devil can keep our team from spreading the Gospel. Pray against Satan's attacks on our team. Pray for the Lord to renew their bodies and give them His strength.

PRAISE REPORT:
Just today, another person came to Christ! :) I haven't heard the full story yet, but I am excited to find out how another brother came to know Christ! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment