Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Leaning Upon the Lord for our Strength

The Lord is mightly at work here this summer in Australia. Already, in the course of 2 weeks of evangelizing on campus, 5 people have come to know Christ! The stories are amazing; some people accepted Christ for the first time and some rededicated their lives to Christ. I can feel the Holy Spirit residing amongst our team. Thank you for your prayers. The prayers for salvation are being answered. Jesus’ light is being proclaimed upon these campuses. God’s Name is becoming famous. We, as His workmanship here in Australia, give all the glory to the Lord for these 5 people coming to Christ. The Lord has been working in and through us in ways that we couldn’t have imagined.

Even in my own times of sharing my faith, countless of times I see the Lord fill me with His Spirit. He gives me the words to speak and leads me to the people he wants me to talk to. I am so overjoyed to know that my God is taking care of me and guiding me to do His work.

Australia is hearing Christ’s Name, seeing His love, and accepting His gift of salvation. I am overwhelmed with how many people have came to Christ, with how many Gospel presentations are told each day, with how many spiritual conversations last for hours, and to see how the steps of faith my team takes to proclaim the Good News to the students in Australia.

Of course, there are hard times in ministry, and I can tell your our team is feeling them. Feeling of fatigue, exhaustion, and a stubborn heart are trying to keep us away from evangelizing. I know from my own experience that the Devil is using my exhaustion to keep me from wanting to go out sharing. These moments of weakness I pray to the Lord to be my strength. It is in these moments of an unwilling heart that I pray for the Lord to give me a new heart. A heart that breaks for the lost like His does. A heart that loves unconditionally likes His does. A heart that is willing to stretch thin to proclaim the Gospel to the ends of the earth. It is in these moments that I am leaning upon the Lord to work in and through me for His Kingdom.

Please be praying for my team’s energy level. Evangelizing every day all day can become tiresome, so please pray that the Holy Spirit will give my team joy and energy to persevere. Pray for us all to fully depend on the Lord during these times of weakness. It is when we are leaning upon our own strength that we feel most weak. Pray that we turn our eyes to the Lord and His mighty power and love.

Continue to pray for the students at LaTrobe and RMIT Bundoora. Pray for more students to know Christ. Pray for the students that do know Christ to want to join Student Life and create a Christian community around them. Pray for those involved in Student Life that they would not feel overwhelmed, burdened or alone in their faith, but they would find their comfort and purpose in the Lord alone.

This weekend we are off on our Mid-Project Retreat. I cannot believe that it is already almost the middle of the project. I don’t want to leave so soon! It’s all going by so fast! The one good thing in this is that it is making me cherish each and every day that I am here, because I know from past experience that it goes by extremely quickly.

Thank you for reading this blog & for all your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment