Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Briefin' lovin'

Oh hey there supporters, friends and family that are following this blog.
Little disclaimer: I may not be able to update as much as I like due to the small wireless internet available and with my time schedule on project.
But trust me, I would blog all day every day if I could! There's so many things I want to say but not enough time to say it.
So far I can update you on briefing.
We're only two days in, but this is one jam-packed-crazy day.
I am:
  • Meeting and bonding with my new team family
  • Learning about the Australian culture
  • Hearing messages about the four concepts - Love your God, Love your team, Learn a New World, and Launch a Movement
  • Learning about everything that we will be doing "down under"
  • Basically getting super stoked for this trip!
So here it is. The last day that I am in the great 'Merika that we all know and love. The thoughts going through my head naturally are nervous and scared. However, through prayer God is changing those thoughts into excitement and courage. Last night when our whole team was praying together, I could feel the Holy Spirit with us. I can just tell how awesome our family is going to be and what an experience this truly is. I know that I am not completely ready for any question or situation that happens down there in Australia, but I am ready for God to use my imperfections for His glory.

Some quick prayer requests:
  • Safety for the flight over to Australia
  • Good health on our team
  • That God may open doors for evangelism that we haven't even planned!
  • That our team may come close as a family and closer to our God
  • That our leaders would make decisions based on God's calling and that they stay well rested and ready to do His work
  • That the people in La Trobe Uni would have open hearts and be willing to listen and ask questions
  • That God will challenge, stretch and grow me on this trip
So there it is folks. My last post from the USA. Well maybe not, we have a lot of time in LAX before we fly.
Please keep us in your prayers!
I love you all so much!
"Blessings!"
(Inside yoke from briefing but it's also appropriate)

No comments:

Post a Comment