Tuesday, July 26, 2011

LaTrobe Uni

Friday July 22nd

Major highlight of the day/night: Prayer and worship night at RMIT Bundoora! Different worship songs but it was beautiful singing to the same God Almighty! About 10 Aussies involved in Student Life (Australia’s Campus Crusade) came and I had some great conversations with 4 girls. Since we all were having an awesome time, they invited us to join them at McDonalds (or as they say Mackas). Quite an enjoyable time of fellowshipping with other Christians! Definitely going to make sure these relationships last.

Saturday July 23rd

Today was our first team exploration day! Our leaders brought us to Chapel Street which was filled with lots of thrift and antique stores! Great team bonding day for sure! However, my main highlight was going to a “Christmas in July” party at a group of the STINTers houses. There was about 10 STINTers, 20 Aussies involved in Student Life and 10 of our group. I met two wonderful ladies Amy and Liz this night! Liz and I had a great conversation throughout the whole party. Talking about how she was the only Christian in Student Life at her uni, her background as being Egyptian and many more! I was very comfortable talking about Gospel related things with her and she encouraged me a lot! Overall, it was great making friends while enjoying the Christmas atmosphere!

Sunday July 24th

Our home church for the time of being in Australia has been really great! They are going through 1 Corinthians, which is one of the books I’m reading for my quiet time. I really love the community in the church and the messages are great! Worship here is “jazzier” than in the States. Different and great! Today was a good catch-up day. I had some good accountability time with one of the older girls on my team. We’ll be meeting up throughout the summer project and I’m super excited! Our conversation was so fruitful today and she’ll be showing me some outreach/evangelism techniques that she has learned. We ended off our night with a family night – talking about all the formalities for our week to come. I’m so excited for the Lord to use me tomorrow on our first outreach event! Please pray for this week and how the Lord is going to use our team! Pray for the hearts of the Australian students at LaTrobe!

Monday July 25th

“Here am I, send me God!” This morning was an awesome devotional time about fully dedicating ourselves to the Lord and admiring Him for who he is! There was a section where we all shared inspirational bible passages and it was so great to go through all of them. I love seeing my family talk about different passages that all inspire them in different ways.

Oh boy, today was great day! We are doing an outreach event called “What is the answer?” where we go around asking people about world conflicts. Today from 11am – 3pm I went out doing that survey with another girl on my team Ashley. The questions on the survey are: 1) Why are we here? Why are human beings here? 2) What is wrong with the world? Do you play a role in what’s wrong with the world? 3) Is there hope to put the world right? Do you play a role in putting the world right? 4) Can I share with you how Jesus attempted to answer these questions?

Ashley and I talked to 7 different girls. I wish I could tell you everything about what we talked about, but that would be way too exhausting. However, I would just like to share that God has stretched and encouraged me so much already! We prayed before and after each person we talked to and that really brought up divine appointments and took away the nerves. The Holy Spirit was flowing through my words and it was no longer my words but His. I am so blessed to have a Father that will guide our conversations like he did today. We talked about Jesus with each girl today and I will be meeting up with some again! There were so many different views and answers but they were all thirsty for the Lord!

One amazing story that is definitely not over. The last girl Niki that Ashley and I talked to really made my heart drop. As we were getting to the end of our survey, Ashley asked if she knew who Jesus was. Her reply was no. Ashley then asked if she knew what Christianity was. Her reply was again no. At this point, me and Ashley’s heart dropped. I have never experienced this before. Someone who has never heard the name of Jesus or knows what Christianity is. GOD IS SO GREAT! He is using us at this moment to reach the unreached! She unfortunately had to leave, but she is interested in meeting with us again! We are hopefully going to meet up with her tomorrow and start telling her the Gospel from the beginning. Such a beautiful experience. I am so excited for how God is going to continue using me and my team here in Australia!


Please be in prayer for the students of LaTrobe! (:

Very encouraging verse for being tired this week after evangelizing:

"He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment